No one wants to be stalked. Please find something to do, during the three month mourning phase, besides sit in your car with binoculars in front of your ex's apartment building. (The hoodie you are wearing is not an appropriate disguise). Break ups are tough. Trust me I know. But the pain is not an excuse for your actions. You're preventing someone else from moving on. It saddens me to see so many beautiful people limiting their potential for future happiness because of an obsession with an ex. Fill your days with new things, new people, new mixed drinks, whatever. I'm not innocent. I'm not exempt from this step. I too have been guilty of Level 1-stalking habits. Which brings me to my next point.
Calling anyone more than 3x in a row is a sin. It is. Paul discusses harassment somewhere in Galatians. (Let me know when you find the chapter:verse). We all get a little trigger happy with the "dial" button on our Blackberry's but blocking your number, calling from a friend's phone, and using the one payphone remaining in North America...is a little desperate. I'm just saying.
Don't write poetry about an ex and (God forbid) read it to him/her. Please. Because I have a heart, I'm not going to mention my ex, who performed this henious post-breakup act. (Tommy). I'm sure his intentions were honorable, but I'm also sure his manhood license was revoked right after I hung up the phone. Let's leave the clever little diddies to Hallmark. It's just shameful to call anyone at 3a.m and, without saying hello, recite the following:
I refuse to live without you
I love the little things you do
We are meant to be
Please don't hang up on me...
I hope I am the only one out there who has been subjected to such torture. But I am almost certain that I am not. So, if you want to aid the ailing hearts in the world, forward this little list of hope. Healing starts here. ;-)
2 comments:
lol this is great. i'll have to remember this for the future :)
I completely agree! I think more people need to read this...they definitely are not following most of the rules. I particularly love number 2. I think the phone should be able to automatically block a call if the same number calls too many times within a limited number of time. love the realness..keep it up!
Post a Comment