Saturday, April 28, 2012

Women Don't Like Each Other.

If we could see past our differences, our pride, our egos, and our agendas...we'd be able to admire the beauty that bonds us.


We're women. We're pre-wired to care more about others than ourselves. We rise before the sun to guarantee that our days will be flawless and our faces will be properly painted on. We're perfect yet broken yet beautiful yet burdened.

There are so many similarities but still we stand divided. Friendships are fractured because of misunderstandings and assumptions. Our love is merely glue that dries and weakens over time. We are so easily distracted. We forget each other. We fail to forgive each other. I'm worried. We are the thread that holds the hem of humanity. Without us...nations fall. But where is the love?

Where is the companionship that will help us live through the painful seasons? Where are the smiles that serve as sunshine on the darkest days?

I want you to know that I love you. I don't always understand you and I won't always agree with you. But I'll be here to encourage and inspire you. No matter what. When you're crying at night...convinced that no one is thinking of you...I am. When you feel ugly and unwanted...trust that I see your glow even when the lamp shade of life tries to hide it momentarily.

I'm spreading love today because I'm convinced that love will drown out all of the hate among us. Please send this message to a few women today. CC me. I need to know that there are others who still believe in love and sisterhood. I adore you. Be encouraged. Be brave enough to love.

No comments: