Being beautiful-black-and blessed (i.e. independent, smart, and financially stable)is the most phenomenal burden that any woman could ask to carry. And though this topic is difficult to discuss, it is pertinent to the sanity of the women that I know...and the woman that I am. I am-both-disappointed and emotionally distorted due to the on-going battle that we, as women are constantly facing in the dating realm.
Today, I was told for the 1,000th time that I am perfect. And the man who told me that I am perfect followed the compliment with "that's why I know we could never be together. I could never be with a girl like you. You have so much going for you and you deserve the best. I'm so far from the best. I don't have a lot of money and I barely know what I intend to do with my life..."
What's sad is the fact that I didn't ask this fool to sweep me off my feet or to father my unborn children. He just happens to drop in to my office once a day to awkwardly talk about random subjects that I find irrelevant (i.e. the weather, the traffic on 40, and...the weather). And today, for whatever reason he thought it would be appropriate/appreciated if he told me that I was the woman of his dreams.
Interestingly enough, I've heard the same speech (in different forms) so many times before. And I'm not tooting my own horn. Trust me. I have better things to do than to tell you as my readers that men think I'm perfect. I know for a sad fact that I am not. But, the purpose of today's post is to rag on these low self-esteemed, fruit cake-ish, intimidated, foolish, bum-like, broke, pathetic, excuse-making, bad-credit having...pansies that are always talking about what and who they can't handle.
Maybe-if I purchased all my furniture from 'Rent-a-Roo', wore dirty sneakers and a gold weave, had an 8th grade education, couldn't make subjects and verbs agree, bought my shoes at 'Heels 4 Hoes', drove a 1992 Honda Accord with Rainbow paint-leopard seat covers and foil paper rims from Wal-Mart...if all my jeans were 2 sizes too small, if my favorite holiday was SuperJam in Greensboro,and if I named my pitbulls Cadillac & Caprese...I'd have a husband by now.
Because then, and only then, I wouldn't intimidate every man over the age of thirteen. It seems like the women who are weak-minded, financially retarded, uneducated, and hoe-ish, never have trouble keeping men around. Why? I don't know.
Wait...Backspace. Delete that. I do know. I know that men these days, these young boys, are afraid of everything. They don't know how to use the head above their collars so they live from the head below their belts. They're always talking about sex and money...and the sad truth is...they barely know what sex is because they can't get any because they DON'T have money. They don't have money because they're too busy watching 106 & Park and fantasizing about being Drake. And that's RIDICULOUS!
I simply cannot stand it. I swear on my life if one more "grown" man tells me that I am too good for him, I am going to slap him with my credit report and then run over him in my new coupe. Because I'm nauseated with the severe lack of self-worth that these men have today.
What are we, as successful young women, supposed to do? We could all marry each other...but most of my friends aren't really in to that. So there must be another way. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and wondering..."Is it me?" Is there something about me that prevents men from being attached to me and satisfied with me?
I realize now...that I am exactly who I am supposed to be. I am strong, capable, powerful, and beautiful. And I won't apologize for that. So until these immature, chimpanzees get themselves together. I'll keep myself occupied by enjoying my favorite hobbies...making money and looking ridiculously fabulous ;-)
I'm just being real.
2 comments:
So real! And I love how women are always told be confident and know your self worth . Are guys ever told that? Maybe that is why they feel like just because we have a little confidence in ourselves and some morals we stick to that we are to good for them. HA!
This will not make anyone feel better, but I have been told by women in their 50's that they are dealing with the same things with men their age! Just sad and pitiful.
I wonder with Kristina if boys are taught to be confident and know their self-worth. As a mother to a young girl, I know that this is what I express to her daily. Hmmmmm...so much to think about.
Post a Comment