Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love Your Man Right…Or I Will. (Part I)

I don’t mean any harm. I promise. My intentions are pure. But…I had to insult you in order to get your attention. Because there is an epidemic in our community and I have the components that will lead to the cure. That’s right. I’m bold and...slightly arrogant, because I am convinced that I know why people cannot stay together. I know why the divorce rates are rising and marriage rates are diving rapidly. I can’t give all the components away at once. So consider this to be an introduction to an awesome awakening.

Today, I’m going to give you a little sample of the reality that I’m being exposed to constantly. Now before I begin, everyone who knows me knows that I celebrate women all day-every day. Consider that statement to be my disclaimer. Because…for the next few lines…I’ll be going in (meaning I will be lecturing the population I love the most).

TODAY’S POINT: Too many women have so much pride…and no purpose.

I’m reading Steve Harvey’s second book right now. And while he makes valid, thoughtful statements, he’s protecting our feminine feelings way too much. I’m not here to coax you in to being a phenomenal woman. I’m here to drop a bomb on your prideful, pretty tail. Most the women I know are in denial about a little bit of everything. We are all so convinced that God created us without any flaws. We don’t want to amend our long list of requirements. We don’t want to admit when we are wrong. We want men to be “manly” but we don’t want to surrender any of the control that we’ve held on to desperately for our entire lives.

We are marching to the same tired beat and humming ‘I don’t need a man…I don’t need a man’. It’s pathetic. Because, if you spend enough time saying that you don’t need a man and reminding the man in your life that you’d be just fine without him…he will start catering to a woman who makes him feel valuable and irreplaceable. What purpose is your pride serving? Really? Who is it benefitting? Certainly not you. Because you spend your Saturday nights with your sister and her husband, baking cookies and watching Lifetime.

You want everyone to know how strong you are. You want everyone to call you Miss Independent. But, late at night, you pray that God will send you the one who’ll never leave or abandon you.

The problem is: the pride cloak. You wear it all day and then take it off when no one is watching. At night, the tears fall. At night, the slow jams play…and you fantasize about the day when Prince Charming will sweep you off your feet.

Reality Check: Prince Charming can’t even see you. Your “pride cloak” that you think protects you…actually hinders you and dims your feminine glow. You think you look independent. The rest of us think you look bitter and resentful. You want love? Do what the mistresses who are catering to miserably married men do, be vulnerable and be available. If you can’t do that for the man you want…trust me…someone else will.

2 comments:

Amber said...

So true!! Too many women hold on to their independence, simultaneously hindering their chances of an open, unconditional love. A man needs to feel valued, and it should be his wife who makes him feel like the King of his domain.

Anonymous said...

Tasha, thank you for this post, please show these women the truth. Ladies, yall try so hard to not fall for the game and yet yall still fall for it everytime. you have become so brainwashed by your own superficial attractiveness that men have calculated you down to the T. figure out who you really are, without the makeup, coach bag, and too tight outfits, and you will find the man you truly deserve.