This affair has gone on long enough. You’ve owned me for 24 years and I’ve been your prisoner…your pet…your slave. But as we approach the eve of my birthday, I feel obligated to tell you that I just can’t do this anymore. I can’t spend my nights with you allowing you to whisper in my fragile ears. I can’t dream of you and imagine a life dominated by your contours.
You’ve kept me from my promises for so long. You’ve been the corrupt love of my life. I serve you night and day…from dusk till dawn. Even when I’ve managed to ride in to the sunset with courage, you hunt me down like I’m nothing more than pathetic prey.
I pray that, on this day, you’ll become a distant memory. I’ve cried long enough…I’ve held my regrets like an infant, rocking each in frail arms. You have become my everything. I can’t be with you and serve God too.
So please, take our memories…take everything we had…and leave my heart. Abandon my mind so that I might find out what this life has for me. No more baby steps…no more running against the current…I want to fly. I want to dance on the clouds and host my 26th birthday on the moon.
What I’m really trying to say…is that it’s over between us. Courage and I are in love. We’re getting married…I’m looking forward to a life of risk-taking, record-breaking and memory-making.
Find someone else to taunt, tease and torture because Natasha Nichole Lake…is moving on.
No comments:
Post a Comment