Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I am (Finally) Ready for Love.

When you’re ready to love somebody, you’ll know. You won’t have to conduct interviews…or make comparison charts…or contemplate life decisions in wee hours of the morning. You’ll just know…because love isn’t analytical. It isn’t messy or exhausting like an on-going game of tug-o-war between children.

Loving somebody isn’t about who’s more interested or who exerts more effort. There’s a natural connection and desire to get closer to the other person. You forget to count how many times you’ve called versus how many calls you’ve received. You forget to stay upset and obsess about all those little details that leave you wondering whether your muse is sincere.

There’s a moment when everything feels…authentic. Love isn’t the chase. It isn’t the light-hearted outings or the hand-holding or the eye contact. Love is what happens once you give someone 3,000,000 reasons to leave…yet he or she continues to come back.

6 comments:

Symone said...

This is absolutely AMAZING! I love it! It's one of the realest and most inspirational things I have read about love in awhile. It's great!

NNL said...

You are so kind and generous to leave such positive feed back. This notion about what love is and isn't kind of snuck up on me recently and I'm glad that you enjoyed my perspective. :)

Garf said...

Thats absolutely correct. :)

And to add on to the wonderful things you have written down, i would also like to state something which i feel is very true too.

We don't choose love, love chooses us and when it does, there is no point in denying it.
Cheers.

maiah said...

beautifully written. makes me excited to be ready for love.

looking forward to reading more

NNL said...

Garf- I couldn't agree with you more. You're wise beyond your years to acknowledge the reality that love chooses us. That's excellent.

NNL said...

Maiah- Thanks so much for reading. I believe that love is waiting for us...just beyond the pain, doubt, and insecurities. I can't wait until you take advantage of and enjoy it.