You have two choices.
1) Focus on those who don't approve of your lifestyle, your relationship, your career path, or your appearance. Or...
2) Place your emphasis on those who know how to celebrate you just as you are! I've learned how to zoom in on the people in my life who affirm and inspire me.
I am currently surrounded by supporters who are excited about my future and couldn't care less about my past. I never feel like I have to hide my true desires or identity from the people who really know me. I've designed a special community intended to remind me that being quirky, rebellious, spoiled, and outrageously ambitious is fine. I have friends who remind me to slow down and enjoy each day.
I also have friends who motivate me and tell me when I'm failing to live up to my potential. I'm blessed to have such a versatile and colorful life filled with people who are committed to laughing with me during the good times and crying with me when nothing seems to be going right. I challenge you to evaluate your own social Rolodex. Spring cleaning is a must! Make sure that everyone in your life has an awesome and unique purpose. Be selective. You deserve to have a life filled with love and support.
Remember, if people aren't adding something...they're subtracting from your energy and happiness. I love you. Be encouraged.
NNL
No comments:
Post a Comment