Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Realness is Contagious.

There's an award out there for all of the outward, forward, bold, relentless writers who have no problem telling the truth...regardless of the consequences. And that award has been given to me by a dear "blog world" friend whose work I adore. His posts are always enlightening, slightly satirical, and optimistic. This friend of mine? Well, on 20SB we call him Garf. Garf gave me the Honest Scrap award which is intended for those of us who "keep it real". And if there is one thing I'm really good at...its keeping it real. So, with all the gratitude in my heart I say, "thank you my dear friend".

I accepted the gift with the understanding that I am now obligated to share a few details about my life that my readers are probably unaware of. For an open book like me, that's not exactly easy to do. Everything you all need to know, I've already shared. I will, however, dig a little deeper and find some juicy secrets that I might be able to unveil right here and now...

Here goes...

1) I am afraid of the dark. Really, sincerely afraid... and I have a night light. It's a sexy nightlight.

2) When I was a kid, I played house way too much. Things got rowdy. Often.

3) I am actually afraid of being too honest. The truth may set you free...but it also sets you apart. And standing out can be terrifying.

4)I don't eat seafood. Not because it smells and looks funny, but because I sincerely believe that my mother ate so much fish while she was pregnant that the very sight of tuna makes me nauseous.

5) I cry almost every day. I call my episodes "cleansing". My hunny calls them "tantrums".

6) When I was a child, I believed that everyone could be whatever he/she wanted to be. And truthfully, I am still convinced that that statement of innocence and optimism is true.

7) I fib quite a bit to people who I am not too comfortable with. I tell them what they want to hear. It's unfortunate. But it's how I avoid their endless prying.

8) When I grow up, all I want to be is a writer. Everything else is frivolous.

9) I turned 23 last Sunday. It was one of the most painful days of my life.

10) I dance naked a lot. It's liberating.

There. Now you know more about me than you would ever want to know. I want to offer this unique gift to one of my favorite bloggers- Jasmine. Her taste in new music and the hip hop culture is always accurate. Her reviews are always honest and on point. Therefore she deserves this honor.

4 comments:

Garf said...

Great.
But..your 5th one was sad. Everyday...??
Take care...

PynkPistols said...

Geesh! Honesty comes with a cost, but that's why your adored!

Sandy said...

Truly from the heart! Kudos on the award!

Do stop by The Village Idiot sometime.

Cheers!

Archana said...

"10) I dance naked a lot. It's liberating."

Hah, I love that. I'm always dancing around in my room after my shower in my towel. It's a lotta fun. Especially when it's to a good beat. ;)