If you knew her, you’d know why my skin glows like the sun on a warm evening in August. You’d know why I stand tall with my chin tilted toward the sky…with the kind of confidence that only results from good breeding. You’d be able to embrace the reality that I know exactly who and whose I am. If you knew her, you’d understand why I can’t help but thank God for waking me up every morning.
Yvette M. Carty raised me with stern love, selflessness, and prayers. She’s more than my mama. She is the portal that God utilized to bring me to this world. Therefore, I thank her for my existence. Her courage speaks to me daily. My heartbeat is the result of her willingness to say yes to God, even when she had no earthly reason to believe that we would be alright. At the age of 25, she gave birth to her ministry. And for the past 25 years, she’s loved me viciously.
I have given her millions of reasons to give up on me. I strayed away from her teachings over and over again. I’ve gone my own way, determined to learn about this life the hard way…but she loved me anyway.
In spite of my stubbornness, she never stopped praying for me. I am so thankful for her life and her love for God. Without her, I wouldn’t be who I am today. I thank God for everything I’ve lived through…I thank God for a praying mama. Her love saved my life.
NNL
No comments:
Post a Comment