Sunday, September 13, 2009

"I Just Want to be Successful..." -Drake

I chase destiny through the darkest corridors of life and the thickest forests of desire. I hunt joy with the shot gun of desperation. Because I deserve more than this life of uncertainty. I deserve to fall asleep at night certain that when I wake up in the morning, the sun will shine in my favor.

I know exactly who I am. I am the daughter of an almighty King who has never abandoned or forsaken me. I am a woman of integrity and beauty designed with the pearls and powders of heaven. I am here to change this world through compassion and love. I am determined to be everything that I was born to be.

So, even there are days that take my breath away...days that suffocate my creativity and stifle my ambition...I am sure that I will come out on the other side of this battle with a medal for courage and consistency. Even now, I pray for a way out and a way up. I wait to stop falling and finally hit rock bottom so that I can start climbing toward all that is good.

I am not foolish enough to believe that the Creator has abandoned me. I know that I will have all that I've dreamed of and all that I've ever aspired to become. Because I deserve to be successful. I am of Moses' lineage. I am in the same blood line as the Messiah. So I can not be conquered. I cannot be destroyed.

I am not a quitter. I am a believer. And I have every intention to get all that belongs to me. No one will steal the glow that beams through my child-like eyes. No one will take the optimism from my bosom. I cannot lose. My status as a warrior is permanent. My sophistication is untouchable. My confidence isn't for sale. This is priceless. Who I am is who I intend to forever be. There is nothing, no one...that can break me. And that's not cocky. That's reality.

I am everything that I say I am. And as for the critics who don't agree...frankly, I don't give a damn.

And that's real.