A voice within says, “What is your vision?” To it, I say, “I want to better this world.”
I want to better this world through love and compassion and patience. I want people to know that there is still hope and there is still a reason to wake up. I know that I will never be like everyone else. I know that I will never walk like…or talk like…or live like anyone else. But in spite of my differences, I feel connected to every person that I meet. I immediately feel concerned and attached to the wellness and the overall growth of each individual I make eye contact with. And no matter how much I fear my potential or my purpose, I cannot run from who I am. I cannot hide under the bolder of ignorance or dance with the devil in the realm of denial. Who I am is who I am.
If I could, I would wake up every morning and share the wisdom of heaven with people everywhere. I would speak out against hatred and limitations. I would tell audiences (of any size) that miracles are far more interesting than practical pursuits. I would encourage young women to stand on their own feet and refuse to let anyone make them prisoners. I would beg my sisters to value themselves and their bodies. I would encourage members of my generation to care about something…anything.
If I could, I would write until my fingers bled. I would write until there were no more trees and no more paper and no more storage on my big, bright laptop. My words would change the lives of children who never saw themselves as “talented or beautiful or capable”. My words would heal the hearts of those who had never experienced “love or confidence or appreciation”. I would write about the depths of depression. I would write about the simplicity of beauty. I would write about obesity and sexuality and family. I would write until my words bled together and became a language unknown.
If I could, I would hug every child who couldn’t find her father. I would dance with every veteran and cry with every ailing mother. I would serve until my days were gone. Not because service is admirable, but because service-among the children of God-is mandatory. I would never, ever waste another day entertaining fear. I would change the world, one determined moment at a time.
Because, I visualize a world much more beautiful than the one we currently reside in. I visualize a world where people still believe in tomorrow. And if I could, change this world alone, I would.
No comments:
Post a Comment