I know exactly what love is. Love is white sand against an army of waves...on a Tuesday in March. Love is being wherever you want to be, whenever you want to be there. No permission slips, no calling in to work, no guilt, no apologies. When you can begin your days with praise instead of pains shooting through the center of your skull and when passion begins to pay the bills, love is present. Blue beach houses on the North Carolina coast, protected by white picket fences and sea gulls are more precious than gold to me. Stilettos that still smell like the shoe store three years later,with polka dotted bows just above the elegant peek toe, cause me to forget every ailment I've ever known. Holding my little brother's hand as we cross the street in pursuit of the best seats in the movie theatre is the only sensation that surpasses orgasm. Love makes pain look like a grain of sand next to an Egyptian pyramid.
I know exactly what love is. Love is slow dancing at 10am on a Wednesday while the rest of the world rushes toward deadlines, conference calls, and, ultimately, depression. Love is playing your favorite song on repeat until the lyrics are imprinted on the walls of your heart. Knowing that comforting arms wrapping around your sadness will heal even the deepest of regrets. That's love. Waking up next to your destiny-the one person who will never remind you of all that you aren't. That's love. Love is the medicine that most people spend a life time trying to find. Most, eventually, stop searching and indulge greed, hate, prejudice, bitterness, and loneliness instead.
I know exactly what love is. Love is believing in something in spite of everyone and everything that has made you feel like a fool. Finding the strength to join one more club, go to one more networking dinner, print just one more flyer, write one more business plan, apply to one more part-time job just to pay for one more certification/degree. That's love. Raising a child and forfeiting every desire you've ever had in order to put food in a mouth that may grow up, leave home and never say "thank you". That's love.
I know exactly what love is.
5 comments:
"Love is playing your favorite song on repeat until the lyrics are imprinted on the walls of your heart." That line is beautiful! :) Great post, definitely inspiring.
I think love is being able to understand each other without words actually being spoken. To me, that's just beautiful, the simple raise of an eyebrow, or any body language shared between two individuals that love each other. Whether it's a couple, siblings, friends, whoever. That to me is just magic. :)
I also think love is what brings vibrancy to a person's face. The people that laugh to themselves, smile about thoughts running through their head..that's when you know love is coursing through their veins. People that are just generally high on life. To me that's the best kind of high to be on, a natural high.
Btw, I've added your blog on my list that I follow. :)
"waking up next to your destiny-the one person that will never remind you of all that you arent. Thanks love".
The above is the expression of a true writer. I love that line. I enjoyed this post very much it made for easy reading...
keep it up Miss!
"Love makes pain look like a grain of sand next to an Egyptian pyramid."
this post caused the goosebumps to raise on my arms. This was beautifully written and all encompassing of what Love is or at least what it should be. LOVE it!
I read and i read and ma done. Now, i am lost what love is..it is basically everything....and the best summarized on this page....
Yeah...you know what love is... :)
And so do i...atleast after so much of text i certainly do.
I gave you an "awesome post award" for "Today, I was beaten by a bible".
Post a Comment